Bloomsbury During COVID
Join us online each Sunday morning at 11am.
'Provoking Faith in a Time of Isolation' is our weekly Online Sunday Gathering
Bloomsbury’s vision is ‘Provoking Faith in the heart of London’. At a time when we are physically distanced from each other, our online gathering will create a context for nurturing faith, building community, deepening relationships, creating sanctuary, and confronting injustice.
We are now open for Room Hire
Please see our Roomhire Pages for further details.
Pastoral response to COVID-19
Bloomsbury will be doing all it can to respond pastorally and practically to the Coronavirus epidemic. We ask everyone to remember before God those who are vulnerable and lonely, and those who are facing financial hardship as a result of this evolving situation. If you are aware of anyone in crisis or particular need, please contact our Minister Simon Woodman using the contact form on the website.
The Baptist Union of Great Britain publishes regularly updated 'Advice for Churches' which can be accessed here:
Precautions for all visitors to the building
As we seek to reopen the Bloomsbury building for various uses this autumn, please pay careful attention to the following if you are planning on attending the building:
- If you are symptomatic, please do not attend.
- All attendees are asked to follow government guidance on self-isolation after symptoms and/or positive test/contact tracing/returning from foreign travel.
- Those who are high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable) are requested not to attend, or to speak to the Minister Simon Woodman or the Designated Person for Safeguarding Libby Brown if you wish to attend.
- Visitors should not to gather in groups, except with members of their own household, either inside or outside the building.
- We are currently unable to supply Bibles or other books – attendees asked to bring their own and take them away with them.
Watch 'Provoking Faith in a Time of Isolation' again on Youtube:
Essential changes to our programme:
- Sunday Lunch Meals have been suspended until further notice.
- Tuesday@Bloom Lunch Meals have been suspended until further notice.
- The Evening Centre has been suspended until further notice.
- Organ Concerts are suspended until further notice.
- If you have a commercial booking scheduled at Bloomsbury, please contact our Roomhire team.
Further updates will appear on this page as the situation evolves.